If you’re looking for the best indoor play centre in Sydney then look no further – we may have just found it for you!
When we arrived back in Sydney I asked a few local mums what we should see and do – and we were told not to miss Wannabees play centre on Sydney’s north shore.
Wondering what was so special about it, and expecting to find a fun soft play area for the kids to burn some energy off at – we were surprised and delighted to find a huge space that not only exercised their crazy energy but also gave their imagination a workout too.
Indoor Play Centre Sydney – with a Difference
Wannabees indoor play centre in Sydney is unique in the way they have designed their play. There is a large open play area set up around a stage and dancefloor where kids can ride motorbikes on the marked roads on the floor or get their dance on to the fun music being played around the centre (we bopped to tunes from Beauty and the Beast and Frozen).
Around the large central play space there are 11 different themed rooms where kids can fully immerse themselves in different jobs and characters, as well as a cafe for food and drinks and a party room you can hire. There is also a parents’ chill out zone upstairs which has a huge window so you can sit and have a coffee while you watch your kids play.
Play at Being a Grown Up
Our four year old generally thinks he’s around 40 years old – often telling us what to do and how things are done! So it was really great for him to get a taste of going to work and being in control of different situations – all with things perfectly sized for him! These are the different rooms you can experience:
- Supermarket – a mini supermarket with the shelves fully stocked where you can play at being either the shopper or working the tills.
- Veterinary Surgery – help treat, check and wash the animals in the vets!
- Hospital – Get your white doctors coat on, grab your stethoscope and bag and help look after the babies on the neo-natal ward.
- Post Office – Sort through the mail and packages and deliver them to the different rooms around the centre
- Dress up Room – Who doesn’t love dress up! If you join in the free organised activities you get to choose your outfit (our boys chose Batman and Santa!) and join the fashion parade and dance off on the stage.
- Pizza Parlour – There’s a pizza oven and coffee machine – and all the ingredients you need to serve your customers the most delicious treats! Ren chose to serve up doughnut pizza – yum!
- Fire Station – One of the favourites! Get your fireman uniform and hat on, climb the ladder and slide down the fireman’s pole!
- Beauty Salon – The mini hairdresser chair was one of my favourite things – Art gave me a blow-dry and straighten then treated himself to a foot spa!
- Construction Site – This was another favourite – grab your hard hat and help renovate the bathroom! The boys got to build the wall with bricks and lay the tiles in the shower.
- TV Station – There’s a giant TV screen and a green wall you get to stand against – when the movie starts you’re starring in it! Duck underneath flying aeroplanes, surf the waves and snowboard down a mountain – so fun to watch!!
- Radio Station – if you’re 4 years plus you get to sit in a working radio studio, put headphones on and be interviewed by the presenter!
Check in advance what time the free tours of the centre happen – you’ll get access to extra areas like the radio station which are only accessible with staff (due to the delicate equipment).
The staff are lovely and get the kids super excited – our tour started in the fire station and the boys put their uniform on and searched the centre for the fire. When they found it all the kids had a turn at putting out the flames with a water hose! Then it was off to the TV studio where everyone starred in the Wannabees movie, followed by a trip to the dress up room to get ready for the stage show. The radio station was also opened for the older kids to have a go at being live on air!
Fun For Grown Ups!
It’s an indoor play centre in Sydney that’s great for grown ups too!
Here’s my mother-in-law having a bit of fun! There’s free wifi and also a great coffee shop so the grown ups can kick back and let the kids do all the work for a while!
Watch and Win!
Watch our video for all the highlights of our visit to Wannabess indoor play centre in Sydney – and for your chance to win your own child and adult pass to Wannabees in either Hornsby or Frenchs Forest comment below with which room your little ones would love and why.